Welcome to Ubiquitous Presenter!
In this class, your professor will be using the Ubiquitous Presenter (UP), a system designed in part by students like you!
In class, the professor may use a Tablet PC to ink on lecture slides. This ink will be stored on a web site where you can view it after class.
Additionally, the instructor may do in-class activities, where you can contribute through a web interface.
To use this system, you will need to:
- Create a student account for UP.
- Enroll yourself in this class using the password provided by your instructor.
- Go to /up/
- Click on "Create an account" next to "Students".
- Make up a username and password that you will use. This information will not be shared with your instructor and you can use any username you want. We will only use your email address to email you your password if you forget it.
- Go to /up/
- Type in your username and password (from part 1), click on Log In.
- Once you're logged in, click "Enroll in a class" under "Toolbox" on the left.
- From the drop down list, select the name of your class, and enter the password that the instructor told you in class. (This is a common password given to all the students of the class -- it's the last time you'll use it.)
- Click "Return to main index" at the bottom of the page to go back to /up/. You should see your classroom listed. Click on it to view lecture notes from in class.
From now on, you only need to go to /up/ and type your username and password to access your classroom's lectures and notes.